Best answer

Want to send customised email based on Jotform survey responses

• 13 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi Zapier community,

The outcome I am looking for is to send a customised email to survey responders, based on their responses to questions.

Background

• I have a Jotform survey with 10 questions
  • Each question has 4 single-choice answers (A thru D)
  • Each answer has a unique response available; example -
    • Q1, answer A = <custom text 1>
    • Q1, answer B = <custom text 2>
    • And so on for each of the 10 questions (so, 40 possible custom text responses)
  • When a user submits a response to the survey questions, I want to collate the answers + custom responses; example
    • Q1 answer A + the custom text for A
    • Q2 answer B + the custom text for B
    • Q3 answer A + the custom text for A
    • etc for all 10 questions
  • Collate and send this in a Mailchimp campaign to the responder

is this possible? I’ve tried using Paths and Filters but I get stuck in collating the texts that need to be sent. The logic built into Jotform doesn’t seem to allow for this either.

Any help or guidance appreciated :)

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 13 April 2024, 03:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Alice-LS 

For the lookup logic try using a lookup table:

Example, you could perform 1 lookup per question to get each of the desired Question responses.

There are more advanced ways to do this with APIs and Code to lessen the number of Zap steps.

Thank you @Troy Tessalone - the Lookup Tables worked really well! I can get it to return the correct text based on looking up the question + answer combo. So good 😀

Now I need to figure out how to get this text into Mailchimp, which seems harder...I can’t see a way of doing this. So if anyone has any ideas, please point me in the right direction… 🤔

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Alice-LS 

Try creating custom MERGE fields in Mailchimp.

https://mailchimp.com/help/getting-started-with-merge-tags/