Best answer

Vonage business delete recording after uploading

• 27 January 2021
  • 6 replies

Here is what I want to achieve and was wondering if anyone might have tried this before or might have ideas.

1. Upload a recording from Vonage business to Dropbox

2. Delete the recording uploaded in step#1 from Vonage business, that way it helps to free up space in Vonage business

I was able to create #1 with the trigger of “new call recording available” in Vonage business.

How do I do #2 and have it done in a way that it deletes the same recording after successful completion. (or after successful upload to dropbox)

TIA !!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 27 January 2021, 01:07

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Archie 

Vonage Business Communications has this action action available via their Zap app

Zap Steps

1. Trigger: Vonage Business Communications - New Call Recording
  2. Action: Dropbox - Upload File
  3. Action: Vonage Business Communications - Delete Recording

NOTE: You should be able to map the ID of the call recording from Step 1 to Step 3 using the ‘Custom’ option.

Check this help article: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-action

@Troy Tessalone thank you for your reply ! 

I was able to do #1 and #2 already before posting here. (and it works like a charm)

Step3 has be a bit lost though.

Custom values seem to be very powerful but could be a little confusing for a new user like me -:)

Where am I setting this up please ?

I am not seeing an option in custom for step1 so guessing I do directly in step3 ? but not sure what exactly

Not sure what I put in recording id or type

I get a 500 or 404 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Archie 

Put this value for Recording ID in Step 3.

Then for Type, that looks to be a dropdown select that will provide you with options to choose from.

Give that a try.

yes, that is what I tried out earlier and got the 500 error

I am an admin on the Vonage account.

I tried 2 variations and both got the 500 error

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Archie 

Remove the hardcoded ID before the dynamic placeholder variable

not even sure how that ended up there..I think that was it

thank you !