Question

V-Number always add +1 when a new entry comes in

• 12 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Hey guys, i searched everywhere but didn’t find an answer. 
I would like to add something like a ID which in my case is the “V-Nummer”. 
The problem is that i want the number to add plus one when a new entry is made.

For example V5000 and then V5001 and then V5002 etc. 

I would be very thankful for your help :-)

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi there @Can Commerce ! 

So looking at just the first section of what you have posted here, a Google Sheet page, you certainly can add one to that number with a formula, there is a pretty straightforward walkthrough here: https://webapps.stackexchange.com/questions/145384/how-can-i-add-1-to-numbers-in-specific-cells-in-google-sheets

If you’re trying to add the number in another part of your Zap that we don’t see above, let me know and I’d be happy to keep troubleshooting!

Best-

Rachael

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Can Commerce!

If you’re looking for a way to create new rows in Google Sheets when something else triggers your Zap, you can use Storage by Zapier’s Increment Value option to add 1 each time:

Each time the Zap runs, the number at your specified key (you can name this whatever you want...I chose v-number) will increment by 1. Then you map that value into your Google Sheet row.

Could that work for you?

Hi @Can Commerce!

If you’re looking for a way to create new rows in Google Sheets when something else triggers your Zap, you can use Storage by Zapier’s Increment Value option to add 1 each time:

Each time the Zap runs, the number at your specified key (you can name this whatever you want...I chose v-number) will increment by 1. Then you map that value into your Google Sheet row.

Could that work for you?

Thank you for your answer.
But I would like to get the V-Number V5002 under the cell of V5001 so if someone buys a product and the zap triggers I want that the new entry has a V-Number which is V5003 if the V-Number in the Cell above is V5002. I hope you understand my Problem now.

For Example:

V5001 | Fake | 29€ 
V5002 | Test  | 65€ 
V5003| King. | 199€ 

So that the V-Number for the new entry is unique.

Thank you for the Help :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hiya @Can Commerce! Thanks for clarifying! I think Nick’s recommendation should still do the trick since it’s taking the cell above (EX: V5001) and increasing it by a single increment. 🙂

That said here’s another thread with a few other suggestions that may be useful!

Please keep us posted how you decide to approach this!