Best answer

Using the Custom value for Worsheet ID in a Google Sheet zap

• 18 March 2020
  • 1 reply

My use case: I have a google sheet with logs for lots of different campaigns, and I need to copy the logs for each value in a different sheet. I don’t want to use branches because there are a lot of values, so I’d like to use the custom value for the worksheet ID.

I used the gid for the worksheet here (i tested and the id works), but

1/ no values show up, so I don’t have any way of mapping what data goes in the sheet and where

2/ when I ran the zap I got an id and a row, and no data actually pushed in the sheet...

Please help!

alivia

icon

Best answer by steph.n 19 March 2020, 00:28

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @alivia - thanks for writing to us! Happy to help.

I saw you received an answer back from Doyle from Zapier support earlier today. So that we can make sure our friends on the community also see the solution, I will share it here:

You can use a Formatter step in your Zap to isolate this GID number: https://zapier.com/help/create/format/modify-text-formats-in-zaps

The "Split Text" function could looks for #gid= and return only the content after this — this would isolate the worksheet ID number.

Setting up the "Create Spreadsheet Row" step in your Zap will still be a bit strange. It would require selecting a specific worksheet, to show your Zap the column headers of the worksheet. You could use these column headers to set which info will be sent to which columns. After connecting these columns, you can then select "use a custom value". The connections to the columns will remain in tact.

Your Zap can only reliably create rows in Worksheets that will always use the same column headers 

Let us know if you have any further questions!