Best answer

Using Tables instead of formatting

• 29 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Hey community, I’d love to get your help:

• I am currently using two different CRMs which I am trying to sync on different properties (contacts, companies, deals).
  • both CRMs use different IDs

I am currently solving this issue by using 3 different zaps (one for contacts, one for companies, one for deals once any of those is created) and include a formatting step (formatter) to match the ID from CRM to the ID of CRM 2 (the matching is done manually). However, it doesn’t really scale as once I have e.g. a new ID, I have to update all 3 zaps separately. Is there a way I can get rid of the formatter and exchange it for a central database?

Any help is appreciated!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 29 February 2024, 17:40

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Michael.io 

Yes, you can use the concept of a Lookup Table:

That was way more obvious than I thought. Thanks a bunch @Troy Tessalone 🙏

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Pleased to see the wonderful @Troy Tessalone was able to point you in the right direction here @Michael.io! 🙌

I did also want to suggest that you might also be able to solve this by using a search action to look for the relevant contacts, companies, deals to obtain the relevant ID. 

Please note: this approach would only work if you’ve got something that’s unique to the contact/company/deal that’s present in both of the CRMs which you could use for the search value. Like an email address for example. 

If you run into any issues setting things up just let us know. We’re always here and happy to assist! 🤗