Question

Using Knack and Zapier to send emails based on USER criteria.

• 2 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi Zapier Peeps!!

I am using Knack as a database for various flights. Each flight consists of a departure city and destination city.

I need for a user to be able to

a) submit a form with their name, email address and which flight route they desire (departure and destination city). I’ll do this through Knack.

and then the complicated part...

b) receive notifications based on the criteria they chose in the first step. IE - They’d be notified if a flight from only Vegas going to only Miami is inputted into our Knack database in the future.

Any help would be soooo appreciated.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @RebelDigitalAdvertising!

That’s a tricky workflow you’ve got there! Something to consider is that you’ll want to send emails in such a way that a person can choose to unsubscribe from them (to abide by spam laws). In that case, you’d looking at the apps in one of these categories:

So your trigger could be New Record in Knack, then ideally the app you’re using would have the ability to send emails based on a template, and/or to user in a particular group.

You may have to look at app profiles to see if the appropriate actions exist. This one might take some digging to see which app will work best to send the emails. Hope that helps point you in the right direction!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Were you able to find a solution for this @RebelDigitalAdvertising We’d love to hear if you did 🙂