I´m trying to use Zapier to integrate Slack with Jira.
I need to read a message posted to a private channel in Slack, and then use the information contained into this message to create a Jira issue.
In the third step, I created a Regex expression and it works OK, according to what I saw in my task log:
The problem here is that I cannot figure out how to use the string I extracted above in my Jira issue. For instance: I want to use the text extracted in the description of my Jira issue.
Does anyone know how to do that?
Best answer by christina.dView original
When you use a Formatter step, you need to add the output of the step into the next part of your Zap.
In your Jira step, if you click on the dropdown for the Description field, you should see the option to use information from the Formatter step. Click on the Formatter step to see the output from that and add it into the Jira description field.
Well, I did it, but it did not work.
I replaced my step 4 (Jira) by sending a direct message to Slack, with the information from step 3. Nothing happened. It seems it does not recognize the result.
One important thing here is that the step 1 shows an error in testing:
Otherwise, as I can read in some posts here in the community and confirmed by myself, even with this error, the step is successfully executed when in live production.
@renato.matos - Looks like you ran into a bug. I have gone ahead and alerted our team in charge of this integration, so that they can review this issue further.
While I can't provide an ETA for when this issue might be resolved, we will reach out to you via email once it is. Thank you!
@renato.matos - Before you contact support, can I just sense-check - Are you using the Slack Channel ID or name? The Zapier integration only works with the ID (at least as far as I remember), so a look-up of the name woudln’t work here.
...Looks like you ran into a bug. I have gone ahead and alerted our team in charge of this integration, so that they can review this issue further.
Hey friends! 👋🏽
I wanted to swing by with a belated update and share this bug was recently closed.
Full transparency, our engineers weren’t able to reproduce the issue though. If you are still running into a “channel_not_found” error when testing the New Message Posted to Private Channel Trigger (or Send Private Channel Message in Slack Action) though please don’t hesitate to open a ticket my teammates in support and they’ll be happy to dig into this further with you.
Thanks as always for flagging this in community and happy zapping! ⚡️