Question

Using appointment categories in Acuity to Trigger To ActiveCampaign

• 18 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

We are a large, national photography company. We have hundreds of appointment types in Acuity, but use categories to help them make sense. I would like to trigger an ActiveCampaign campaign based on whether an appointment scheduled is in a certain category in Acuity. 

For instance, we have categories separated by manager’s names and then we have a photo reveal category. The appointment types listed under managers names are the various cities. I want to be able to send emails through Active Campaign when someone schedules one of these appointment types but not when someone schedules a photo reveal appointment type. 

I know I could do this manually but that would be hundreds of appointment types and hundreds of zaps. 

Is this possible?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi, 

Is there just one category type that you don’t want to send to AC?

could you just add a filter step to continue if not “reveal appointment type” or are there more rules required?

Cheers

Jason

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Happy Automating :)

Acutiy doesnt provide the category over the api. You need to store the appointment type ID in a google sheet or airtable for example, link it to the category and look it up. Based on its linked record/group/category you can filter the zeps next steps.

Feel free to get in touch with us - https://experts.zapier.com/

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I do it this way for additional information (Coupons) but category seems to be there too. I take a webhook to get the ID and then lookup the appointment. Would this do the same thing ?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Kaila_Rae 
Just checking in to see if you still need help with this?