Best answer

Using a Salesforce Report as a Trigger

• 17 January 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey all!

Has anyone here ever hacked their way to using a Salesforce Report as a trigger?

This would allow me to keep the filtering of Leads/Accounts/Opportunities within Salesforce and help me save money on Zapier tasks that currently filter these SFDC objects.

If anyone has any ideas or hacks, please let me know. Thanks!

Ryland

icon

Best answer by Ryland 30 January 2020, 16:50

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Ryland - Possible to get the reports emailed to you in a way that could be scraped?

Userlevel 1

@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu Super interesting thought. Going to look into if an email like that is possible from Salesforce.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Ryland How did you make out here? Were you able to get emails from Salesforce that you were able to parse for this workflow? Let us know!

Userlevel 1

Appreciated the response, but wasn't able to get anything to work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Ryland Do you mean that you couldn't get an email with the Report from Salesforce? Or that you could but had trouble getting the data you needed from the email?

We might be able to help if it's the latter 🙂

Userlevel 1

Thanks for reaching back out, Danvers.

Yeah, so because of permission restrictions, I couldn't get an email with the report from Salesforce... 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Ah, I'm sorry about that @Ryland 😞

Userlevel 1

The best solution I’ve found so far is to parse the Salesforce report email with a Code by Zapier block that contains a custom Python script.  The script uses Regex to parse the email and pull out the values in each column.  It’s not pretty and would break if the kind of values in each column changed, but it works!