Skip to main content
Question

Username already exists (TypeFom + Zapier + PSQL)

• 27 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I’m new to Zapier, still in trial period.

I’m using TypeForm to make a registration page, asking for a username, email, first name, last name, etc.

Then, I used Zapier to connect TypeForm to Postgresql, add new record step, mapping each entry to the table field. Duplicate usernames are not allowed.

If the TypeForm submission resulted in duplicate, how can TypeForm notify the user that “Username already exists. Please try again”?

What zap steps do I need to make?

Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @JomelP 

Typeform cannot do that , you will have to let the zap send an email for example after the typeform is filled saying that the username exists. 

Hi @MohSwellam ,

Since it is a registration page (email not yet registered), the user is notified on the page itself. Can you suggest an another web builder app that can handle this?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there @JomelP! 👋

Rather than switching to a different form app, I wonder if you could just try adding a Find Row (PostgreSQL) action to the Zap? That should allow the Zap to search for user before attempting to add them. Did you want to give that a try and let us know if that does the trick? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @SamB ,

but how will that prevent the user from submitting the form or show them a warning inside the form?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @JomelP ,

Nothing comes to mind really, but I think you will have to build something custom for that.