Best answer

Use Zapier with my own backend for subscription payments

• 12 August 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi!

I’ve been reading but I’d rather ask to have more details.

I’m building a SaaS business, I’m building the backend myself with NodeJs. I was wondering if I could use Zapier for integrating easily with Subscription payment apps such as PayPal or Stripe.

And if so, what would the user experience be? They’re redirected to Zapier or to PayPal/Stripe?
Did any of you attempt something similar, and if so, do you have any advice?

Thank you very much, I just want to be sure before diving into this, time is crucial.

Cheers!

icon

Best answer by andywingrave 13 August 2020, 02:28

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Heyo! If you’re building in Node.js, I would recommend just sticking with the dev docs for Stripe (which are AMAZING) and the dev docs for Paypal, which exist and are a thing. What would be the use case for considering Zapier here?

Typically when building a SAAS app, you will be wanting to think about ways to get data into and out of your app, so you can use Zapier, potentially as middleware to help you connect to other platforms. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks @andywingrave ,

I was thinking of using Zapier as a middleware for connecting to Stripe and Paypal, but I probably just didn’t get the point of what Zapier is.

I think I’ll follow your advice and integrate my backend directly with Stripe and Paypal, sounds more logical.

I just thought that I could create a Zap that would connect to Paypal and Stripe and then I could integrate that Zap into my backend without having to interface directly with Stripe nor Paypal. But maybe that’s not how Zapier works.

Thanks for replying, I should try to understand better how Zapier works before asking. I just find it a bit confusing.

Cheers!