Best answer

Use spreadsheet to schedule SMS/event?

• 10 April 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi. I’m trying to do a zap (noob user here!) wherein a specific column has a date/time, and I’d like to use that time to trigger an event. I can’t figure out how to *read* the data from the column and use it as the trigger. Any pointers would be great, thanks!

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 13 April 2020, 21:36

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there!

I can see that you’ve connected an Airtable account in Zapier. That’s great because that’s the app I was going to suggest for something like this :)

The easiest way would be to create a filtered view where you only show records when the date you’ve added to your column is “today”. Then your Zap can trigger when a record has entered that view (New Record in View).

Then add a Delay step to your Zap, where you would delay until that exact time that you added in Airtable. So if you had 4/13/2020 14:20 and you trigger at the beginning of the day, the Delay Until step will make the Zap wait until 14:20 before continuing to subsequent Zap steps.

One way you could be more precise would be to use something like DATETIME_DIFF(NOW(),{Date & Time},'minutes') (where {Date & Time} is your date field) then your filter could be for when that field is ≥ 0 (meaning the time has passed). Then the Zap, once again, triggers on records entering that view.

Hope that helps!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Yup, that worked, thank you!