Best answer

Use fields from "found" Salesforce record for Paths criteria

Hello all,

I am currently working on my first Zap. It is supposed to add new participants from Xing to a campaign in Salesforce at the same time. However, this should only happen if the participant fulfils a certain criterion.

So far I have "New Attendee" from Xing Events as a trigger. Then I search for the email address in Salesforce and find the corresponding record. Now I would like to create a path in Zapier for 1.)The record meets the criteria - should be added to the campaign.
2.) The record does not meet the criteria - It should not be added to a campaign.

My problem is that the path criteria (as well as the Zapier filter settings) do not allow me to access the Salesforce fields, but only the Xing fields (see picture). 

So how do I get the Salesforce fields into this Path decision?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 6 July 2021, 16:23

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Ayrony 

Did you manually test each of the Salesforce steps in your Zap to return a sample record to then use to configure the Filter step?

No, I did not do that.

But I have now successfully run the test in the "Find Record in Saleforce" action.... and yes, now I can find the fields in the filter settings. 

Thanks a lot! :)