Best answer

Use field values pulled from Google Forms to select the Google Sheet in a "Search for Rows" Zap

• 2 January 2022
  • 1 reply

I’m trying to pull data from a Google Sheets row based on fields pulled from a Google Forms submission.  My form asks questions that match up with the Google Worksheet names (exactly), but it looks like Zapier assigns a numeric value to worksheet name?  It would be simple enough to enter the numbers in a “format” spreadsheet so that my alphanumeric names pump out the correct numerical designator but it doesn’t look like I can enter that either.

How can I dynamically trigger the selection of the correct sheet name?

As you can see, my form produces the name of the Sheet, under “Builder/Make” but the alphanumeric value doesn’t work in the Zap.

I can’t enter the numeric value assigned in the first image either.  Would it work if I generated a formatting spreadsheet to format the name to the number so that it would go in dynamically?  Help!!

icon

Best answer by robschmidt 3 January 2022, 03:40

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @MWake 

In order to do this, you need to use a formatter action called “Lookup Table”: https://zapier.com/help/create/format/create-lookup-tables-in-zaps

Where you can specify the Alphabetic value from the form and it’s corresponding numeric sheet ID. So that it knows which sheet the form’s value is referring to.