Question

Uploading files to Google Drive via SquareSpace, connected via Zapier

• 7 February 2024
  • 6 replies

I have connected my Zapier account to my Squarespace site. When filling out a form, the zap should get triggered, but the form also includes a file (= photo) upload option. This setup, however, is not working. Anybody got this figured out?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Alohajurek 

For us to have full context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured.

Also, post screenshots of the DATA OUT from the Zap trigger step.

Help articles for using Squarespace in Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/squarespace/help

Since my post and your reply I have changed things again. I have now integrated UploadCare, but there seems to be an issue. The idea and goal is that people will be able to upload a photo from within a form on my SS site, and via a zap it will then get stored in my Google Drive folder.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Alohajurek 

The mapped value is combo of a static GDrive Folder link, which isn’t a valid value.

And what looks like a text value.

The URL field expects a publicly accessible direct download link of the file.

Well, the place to upload a file/photo within the form is publicly accessible but not a standalone URL. The form is of course integrated into a page. So, there is not direct URL to direct Zapier/UploadCare to other than the page URL. Does this make sense?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Alohajurek 

The data returned from the Squarespace form needs to include the publicly accessible URL for the uploaded file(s).

I’d recommend removing the static GDrive link in the URL field.

Then it looks like the user can upload 1+ files, so you would need to use the Looping app to handle multiple files: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/help

Thanks! I’ve figured out another solution for the time being, and a developer told me very soon SqaureSpace will be integrating this upload feature anyway!