Question

Upload unzipped Files from Monday.com to Google Drive

• 19 December 2022
  • 3 replies

I am trying to find the best way to upload files (up to 3 pictures) when a new item is created in Monday.com and send them to Google Drive folder.  I have been able to send a file but it comes over as a text file.  I want to also find a way not to send the files in .zip as I have been able to do that as well.

Any help if greatly appreciated 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Weezy 

The reason the files are coming as .zip is because you are uploading multiple files at once. To avoid that, you will need to use Looping By Zapier to upload the files one by one

Hi @Weezy 

The reason the files are coming as .zip is because you are uploading multiple files at once. To avoid that, you will need to use Looping By Zapier to upload the files one by one

Thanks @MohSwellam for the reply.  I really would like to understand what the easiest way to send one file (one pic and the only pic that is stored in the Monday.com column to Google Drive when a new item is created

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Weezy ,

There’s a trick I can think of that might accomplish your first goal, to send the zip file. First, have a Zap from Monday.com trigger, and send an email with the Gmail integration where you attach all three files to it. 

Then, if you set up a different Zap that triggers off a new email in Gmail, that trigger will include a file that is all the attachments on the email zipped up into one file.

That’s quite a workaround, I know, but I thought it was at least worth sharing.