Upload Typeform -> create a new folder -> upload file

• 8 February 2022
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

HI All, 

I have questions about a flow I have.

• Typeform - File upload.
  • Then a new folder is created. (google drive)
  • Then the file from Typeform needs to go directly in de new folder. (google drive)

At the moment I get a new folder and a file in a base folder.

So my question is How do I get the file automatically in the folder? 

icon

Best answer by SamB 9 February 2022, 12:29

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @TJ D 

Try these Zap steps…

1. Trigger: Typeform - New Entry
  2. Action: GDrive - Create Folder
  3. Action: GDrive - Upload File (map ID of Folder from Step 2)
Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @TJ D 

Try these Zap steps…

1. Trigger: Typeform - New Entry
  2. Action: GDrive - Create Folder
  3. Action: GDrive - Upload File (map ID of Folder from Step 2)

Ah thanks i will try this, but the problem is that i got this:

“ Unable to load choices
We’re having trouble loading 'File' data (The app returned "Shared drive not found: {{145532170__field_lCUs1F4SQfjx_file}}".) “ 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @TJ D 

Please post screenshots with the error and how each of your Zap steps are configured.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Troy thanks for your help.

I still get the same problem but now i got not the file but its a text i tested it 100 times but i still is not working out well for me.

What dont understand that it is not working what i want is that from Typeform.

That the folder is created Has the Username.
And the file that is uploaded goes directly in the the new folder.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there @TJ D, hope you don’t mind me jumping in here to assist! :relaxed:

It looks like the way it’s currently set up, files will always be added into the KSA folder, not the folder that’s created by the Create Folder step. This is because the KSA folder has been selected from the Folder field’s dropdown menu.

To make sure that the Upload File step (step 3) always uploads files into the newly created folder, you’ll want to select the Custom value option from the Folder dropdown menu. Then select the ID field from step 2. That’ll look something like this:

6c71b9ced33af967fa05872c4c558a07.png
The ID field contains the ID number that Google Drive uses to identify the folder. So selecting that ID will make sure that the Zap will always upload the file into the folder created by step 2. 

Can you give that change a try and let us know if that gets the file uploaded into the correct folder?

Userlevel 1
Badge

hi @SamB,

Thanks for this the flow is working now, I am so happy thanks for this !!

The only problem i have now that i don't get the image i uploaded, but i get a text file.

Do you have any advise with this?

KSAsfsdffhttps://zapier-dev-files.s3.amazonaws.com/cli-platform/19032/mIrbBwXsjGQoV3PTXzdxl0j5tPVuQr4h20vsX8QOEk6eJTWWwCEAMrlqdDjEyq7DD74RTLBHjHoz4pOFu9SLG0CMCF_sRSnA7Y_zXyTSXwq_2neLfY-G-s3n46YLcwawlRbXxa8M680zc_ljpiNmr1gjoXuNrVLW2xyopL4lqtA

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That’s great news @TJ D!

Hmm, it looks like there are two fields selected in the File field on step 3 and I suspect that’s why a text file is being created. As it’s likely reading the values in those selected fields as text. For context, in the absence of a file being selected we’ll assume that you’re looking to create a text file using the contents selected for that field, which isn’t what’s wanted here!

So, for that File field you’ll want to select the field from Typeform that contains the file object itself. I’m not exactly sure what the field will be called in your case, but usually a file will be in a field which says (Exists but not shown). For example:
a7ceb79e3da97f7574ac396b7ae36e9b.png 
Can you try selecting the field containing the file object instead to see if that does the trick?

Userlevel 1
Badge

HI,

@SamB 

Thanks your explanation is clear for me,  I cannot select any file with the name: (Exists but not shown).

So what i try it is still not working out well for me :( Maybe somebody out there can help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@TJ D

Try submitting the Typeform, then changing the trigger test data to use to configure the Zap steps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/change-the-test-data-in-your-zap-trigger

This is not the correct mapped value for the Drive field, so that will cause an error.

For the File field, you’ll likely want to use this variable:

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes @Troy Tessalone it worked well !! thanks for your help! and @SamB !