Best answer

Upload multiple attachments to Google Drive from Slack

• 12 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello.

I have a zap that look for a new message in a Slack channel > Filter if it has file attachments > Upload the attachments to Google Drive folder.

The zap works fine when there is only 1 file attached to the new message, but will only upload 1 of the attachments when there are multiple of them.

How can I get Zapier to upload all of the attachments in a new message?

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Brem 13 April 2023, 19:23

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @evsl,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, could you please share a detailed screenshot with how your Zap is configured? Please don’t include/blur out any personal information in the screenshot.

Thanks! 😊

Userlevel 1

Sure! Here are some screenshots of my Zap.

Trigger: New message in Slack
Action 1: Filtering if the message has attachments
Action 2: Search for a folder in Google Drive, create one if it doesn’t exist
Action 3: Upload the files to Folder in Action 2

When I created the Zap, I tested using a message with only 1 attachment, that’s why I only have “1. Files 0 File” in the File section.

I adjusted the zap by using a message with multiple files to look like this:

Adjusted Action 3

This still doesn’t upload the other files, it only uploads the first file.
And I will need to adjust the File section again when we have more than 4 attachments.

Is there an easier way to upload multiple attachments from Slack? Probably something similar to Gmail’s All attachments option.

Thank you!

Userlevel 1

Sorry, I just read this page and noticed that it says we need to add new steps for additional files.
Is there any way to just loop this action to keep uploading until the last file?
The Loop by Zapier requires paid plan, I’m on free plan.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @evsl 

I checked our App page and the Looping by Zapier app doesn’t require a paid plan.

I also read your concern and the functionality that you want to do isn’t possible now. However, looking at our records, we currently have a feature request open to upload multiple files using the Upload File action step in Google Drive. I'm happy to add you to this request, and should the team ever add support for this feature, we'll be sure to send you an email to let you know.

Userlevel 1

Thank you Brem! Looking forward to that feature, that should be super useful!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @evsl,

It's great to hear that Brem was able to assist you in adding your vote to the open feature request!

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us in the Community. We're always here and ready to help in any way we can!😊