Best answer

Upload documents to OneDrive in the right format

• 20 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Hey guys, maybe someone can help me here:
I am trying to download documents from Typeform to Onedrive, using the Upload file function. 
From the Typeform output get two options to choose, one is a URL and the other the File Content [exists but not shown]. 
The URL I get there is not working, it differs from the output url I get in the Typeform (I don`t know why), but the File Content works somehow, it uploads the data in my OneDrive. 
The problem is: it uploads the data without an ending so I dont know if the customer has uploaded a pdf or jpg or whatever. So my file looks like that 

Does anyone know how its possible to get it as a pdf/jpg or whatever the original file was?

I tried it with a working file-downloadlink from typeform that is somewhat like https://api.typeform.com/responses/files/A lot of numbers and letters/name of the file.pdf
but I got to the same result, the file is without the pdf.

Thank you! :) ​​​​​​

icon

Best answer by GetUWired 20 December 2022, 17:58

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Can you share screenshots of your set up action for the Upload File in OneDrive step?

Yeah sure, I got it like that:

Ahhh I just realized, that if I leave the Filename free, it stays with the old name and than I have old format 🤦🏽. So if I put as name: Vollmacht_I_12312.pdf its also shown as a PDF. 

Problem is that our customers upload pdf or pictures in different formats - is it possible to rename it AND show the old format? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

If you leave off the file name then Zapier should use the file name and extension. 

Did you mention there was a file link that contains the extension.. something like >> https://api.typeform.com/responses/files/A lot of numbers and letters/name of the file.pdf

you could use a formatter to parse out the extension then append that to your new file name. 

Thats an amazing idea!! Thank you a lot!
solved!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Sascha_zolar Glad to hear that solution worked for you!