Best answer

Updating the Google Sheets Row in a later step, that was triggered by 'New spreadsheet row' in the first step

• 2 July 2020
  • 2 replies

I am currently working on a Zap, involving Google Sheets and Zoom, which:

1. (Trigger) detects a new spreadsheet row in Google Sheets
  2. Creates a Zoom meeting based on some of the values in that row (e.g. Date, Time, Title)
  3. (Search step) Uses a spreadsheet row lookup, to get hold of the new row (the row from step 1 that triggered the zap), by matching on an SKU field
  4. Updates that row, by adding the Zoom URL generated in step 2, to a particular column

I am pleased to say that it seems to work well! But I have a feeling step 3 (the search / row lookup step) is unnecessary. In step 4, I would like to be able to dynamically update the particular row that triggered the Zap (the row from step 1).

I hope this makes sense. Any advice would be much appreciated :pray:

icon

Best answer by ffion 3 July 2020, 19:25

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Just updating this as I got a helpful reply from Cameron on the support team :grinning: :

Your hunch is totally correct, step 3 is unnecessary! You can safely delete step 3, and have the "Update Spreadsheet Row" immediately follow "Create Zoom Meeting".

Additionally, in the "Update Spreadsheet Row" action, you don't need to map all of the existing values from your trigger back into "Update Spreadsheet Row". If you just map the value from Zoom into the column you want to update, all other columns will remain as they were.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks for sharing the reply that you got from the Support Team @ffion, that’s super helpful!