Question

Updating Shopify inventory via Google Sheets

• 28 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi, 

I am just wondering if its possible to create a Zap whereby I can update the quantity levels of all of my products on a google spreadsheet which then syncs/updates inventory in Shopify?

I seem to be able to create a Zap to update a single product variant for a given product, which works however is there a way to create a Zap that would allow me to update any product variant quantity that then updates the quantity in shopify.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Luxe Leather 

I’d recommend using Airtable instead of GSheets, due to certain limitations, such as the same value in a GSheet cell won’t refire the Zap. (e.g. 1 > 2 > 1)

Try this Zap action: Shopify - Update Inventory Quantity

Hi @Troy Tessalone, many thanks for your response. I have set up my sheet in Airtable however still seem to have the same limitation. Under product it only allows me to select 1 product and then 1 product variant. I need to be able to update the quantities of over 100+ products/product variants.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Luxe Leather

Most Zap steps work on a per record basis.

e.g. You want to update 100 products, then that would be 100 different Zap Runs.

You would need to map dynamic variables from previous steps, same as how you did for the “Set Quantity To” field.

The Product field expects the Shopify Product ID.

The Product Variant Inventory ID field expects the Shopify Product Variant ID.

Help article to reference: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496241696141-Add-custom-values-to-dropdown-menu-fields-in-Zaps#01H7FR09FBEAKK4ZZP678QDE9T