Skip to main content
Question

Updating Shopify Inventory Quantity via Hulk Form Builder Submissions

• 23 January 2024
  • 11 replies

Hi all!

I’m trying to set up a Zap between Hulk Form Builder and Shopify. What I’m hoping to do is:

Every time someone submits a form through Hulk Form Builder on my website (the form requires the user to select 1 of 4 products), I want an order created in shopify that will update the inventory of the item they choose. In an ideal world, there’s also a step where shopify only creates an order if the email address they submitted in the form matches one in my customer base OR if the email matches a list within a Google Sheets doc (whichever is easier).

I’ve tried testing and my inventory does not update when the order is created...and then once I tried adding the step of finding a customer, the orders stopped even being created in Shopify (the email and name I am testing with is a customer already). So I’m a bit lost.

Screenshots of my steps attached and the Hulk Form Builder form is embedded here, if helpful to see how the form is setup: https://www.paloverdebotanicals.com/pages/growing-greatness

Any/all help is greatly appreciated!!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @pvbotanicals 

Instead, try mapping the Product ID from step 2 to Step 4.

Hi Troy - thanks for your help!

I tried updating based on your suggestions - but it appears I need to have something in the other Product line item listed in Step 4 as I’m getting an error. Should I map Step 2’s Product Option there as well? Or pull from the Form? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@pvbotanicals 

The Product field expects the Product ID as indicated by the 123 icon and values seen in the dropdown list.

Instead, try mapping the Product ID from step 2 to Step 4.

Forgive me, this is my first zap :/ does this mean I have it set up based on your suggestion? I get the following error when I test that step thats not allowing me to complete the zap…

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@pvbotanicals 

Please post updated screenshots with how your entire Zap Step 4 is configured to give us context.

Sure thing! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@pvbotanicals 

Looks like the Product field is still not mapped correctly.

The Product field expects the Product ID as indicated by the 123 icon and values seen in the dropdown list.

Try mapping the Product ID (a number) from step 2 to Step 4. (not the Product Title)

I think I see - I updated that field with the Product ID, but the error coming back remains the same.

The error seems to go away only when I input something into the “Product Title” line item - however when I test that step using the Product Title and ID mapped from Step 2, the order is placed but my inventory is not updated / it still doesn’t seem to be tying to the actual item in Shopify. 

I really appreciate your brainpower on this!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@pvbotanicals 

To help us have true context, please post accurate updated screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

Please see attached:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@pvbotanicals 

Inventory might not adjust until the Shopify Order is fulfilled. (something to test)

There is also this available Zap action: Shopify - Update Inventory Qty