Best answer

Updating rows in google sheets using Monday.com

• 4 August 2022
  • 4 replies

I have a monday.com dashboard that is created from a google sheet. When I update the status column on Monday.com I want the relevant item to be updated backinto google sheets. I am having an issue on the Zap creation steps as it is always asking for a set field or row to update and I need it to update any row I update in Monday.com

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 4 August 2022, 19:57

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ShelD1 

Good question.

Check out this help article about findings/updating rows in GSheets: https://zapier.com/help/doc/finding-and-updating-rows-in-google-sheets

Try these Zaps steps

1. Trigger: Monday - Specific Column Value Changed
  2. Action: GSheets - Lookup Row
  3. Action: GSheets - Update Row
    1. Map the Row ID from Step 2

Hi there, 

Thanks for the feedback, I changed the steps as suggested, it now finds the correct rows to update yet does not push the data from Monday.com into the google sheet? the updated row stays blank.

Zap Steps

I am still getting the data out from the Zap run to not include the actual updates from Monday.com and update the google sheet. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ShelD1

You’ll need to make sure to map the desired data points from Monday.

If these desired Monday Item data points are not available in step 1, then add a new step for Monday Get Column Values to get the values for the Item returned in Step 1.

Thanks for the assistance, I got it working. Changed the Project status ID to read from Monday and it worked.