Best answer

Updating Klaviyo custom property from Hubspot

• 18 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi!

I’m having a problem with setting up a zap which would update or add a custom property to Klaviyo contact triggered by a property change in Hubspot.

Previously I was using a “Add new susbcriber” action, built up a new list and added the property as a first step in the list flow when the subscriber was added. However I need to make sure that a contact can be added to my loop several times.

Does “add new susbcriber” action for Klaviyo also update the subscriber if it’s already in the list?

The other solution I was thinking about is to first use “Find a subscriber” action, which finds the right contact or adds the contact if it’s not found. And after that use “Update a subscriber” action to update the custom property. But I don’t understand what I should but in the required “Subscriber” field as the “Find a subscriber” step does not have an output for some contact info such as email.

Or is there any other solution for this use case: Customer support manually updates a property in Hubspot regarding a customer order status. Then Custom property is added or updated in Klaviyo and an e-mail loop for customer is sent out. At the end of the loop the same custom property is changed or removed from the contact profile in Klaviyo and the customer can enter the loop again when the same property is changed in Hubspot by customer support.

Thank you for your help!

icon

Best answer by Danvers 13 September 2022, 16:25

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Elsavie 

Good question.

Try these Zap steps.

1. Trigger: HubSpot
  2. Action: Klaviyo - Find/Create Subscriber
  3. Action: Klaviyo - Update Subscriber
    1. Map the Klaviyo Subscriber ID from step 2

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Elsavie! I wanted to check in and see if you were able to get this sorted using Troy’s recommendations?

Keep us posted - we’d love to know! 🤗

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I just wanted to drop in a see how you got on with Troy’s recommendation here, @Elsavie?

Just to clarify, you’re on the right path using the Find or Create subscriber, then Update subscriber actions. The Find or Create subscriber step will have a subscriber ID field output, that’s the one that you need to use as the custom value in the Subscriber field in the Update Subscriber step. 

Let us know if you need any more help with this one :)