Question

Updating Google Calendar event without not deleting old event

• 9 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Question: How do you set-up a Google Calendar to Google Calendar zap that fully updates new events including time/day updates and either adjusting the current event or at least deleting the old one?

Use Case: I have two work emails, thus two Google Calendars. When I have a new event created in one, I’d like it to copy that event to the other calendar as well. In addition to creating a new event on the other calendar, I’d like for it to also to update when an update is made such as a time change. 

When using the steps seen here, it’s seems to work except when I tested updated an event time, it just creates a new event in the other calendar and leaves the other old event as-is so I have two events on the new calendar: one that is the updated correct one and the other old, not correct one. I thought the zap would just move that event like if you were dragging or manually adjusting the time in Google Calendar yourself. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @bohashi 

Why not share your GCals?

https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/37082?hl=en

They are both mine for two different companies. Certain people have access to one but not the other so I need the event to copy so it shows I’m busy.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@bohashi 

Can you post screenshots with how your Zap steps are currently configured?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@bohashi 

Please post screenshots with how each Zap step is configured with the variables mapped between steps.