Best answer

Updating Fastfield lookup list with file on Google Drive

• 30 March 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi Everyone,

I’m getting stuck on setting up my first Zap and apologize for missing something obvious but I can’t seem to pass the Send Data test.  I’ve chosen the list in FastField (Device List Kenya) that was populated with the data in the file (AT_installed_devices_KY.xslx), and then copied that file up to Google Drive and typed that name in the File area, as shown below: 

But when I go to the next step, the test always fails, with this message:

I’ve tried using a .csv file and got the same results.

Thanks so much for any help!

icon

Best answer by AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 31 March 2020, 12:50

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Alex3SD 

You can’t just type the file name in that field.

You need to add a Google Drive search step to find that file. One of the fields that get returned from that search step will be a file object.

It will appear like:

“file: (Exists but not shown)”

You then need to map that field instead of typing the filename.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks so much for the quick and helpful reply!  Just wondering then what to do when I have multiple lists I need to update, using multiple files.  Is there a way to specify the filename, or do I need to have one file per subfolder that the Zap is looking for updated files in?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Alex3SD 

Yeh, each GDrive search step can only find one file for you - so you’ll need to think about a logical way to build more in if you’re handling multiple files.