Best answer

Updated Database Trigger in Notion - to create events in Google Calendar

• 25 May 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I made this zap to update my calendar and block time for achieving tasks.

https://zapier.com/shared/f450723de856c3dde1f3306407158717d7014787

It takes a date/time duration field from Notion and uses it to create events in Calendar.

I am facing issue where the zap triggers only when a new database is created and the date/time is filled before the zap is triggered.

If I take a database item which is 7 days old created and then I update my date/time duration field, then the zap doesn’t trigger on it.

Can someone help on the above?

icon

Best answer by jesse 13 July 2022, 21:32

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @rohank1106 ,

Notion integration for Zapier is currently in beta, and it will only run when you create a new object in your notion database. It won’t run when an object is updated. 

A possible workaround would be using API solution, although that is also marked as Beta by notion so you might face issue with that.

I’d recommend using Google sheet for now as it works as a database very well or you can go with airtable.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey folks! Just coming in to let y’all know that we have a thread open for this particular feature request. As we have more information, we’ll be posting updates here: 

In the meantime, you may want to try some of the workarounds Rob suggested as a way around this. 🙂