Question

Updated cell in google sheets updates Airtable

• 9 June 2020
  • 1 reply

I’m trying to build a zap to take any data that has been altered in a google spreadsheet and mirror it in my airtable spreadsheet. I tried using the “New or Updated Spreadsheet Row in Google Sheets” zap but it doesn’t recognize when I alter a cell, it seems to only recognize when I add a new row. 

Any insight on why updating a cell doesn’t trigger the zap? 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Drew!

The first thing to check is how you have the Google Sheets trigger set up, specifically do you have the option to only trigger when a specific column is changed turned on? If you do then there will need to be a change to that cell in the row to trigger the Zap. 

The second thing that could be at play here is that the Zap will only recognise a change in the sheet if the row is changed to have something completely new in it. Let’s say you have a sheet where you’re tracking whether a task has been done in a week. If the yes/no column says ‘yes’ one week, and is changed to ‘no’ then the Zap will trigger. If you change the cell back to ‘yes’, the Zap wont trigger because it thinks ‘I’ve seen that value in that cell before, therefore it’s not new’.

Does it sound like either of those account for what you’re seeing in your Zap?