Question

Update Zendesk Ticket status when a reaction is used in a Slack channel

• 31 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi there,

I’m trying to better integrate Zendesk and Slack with Zapier. We basically have two internal teams and want to create a space for them to communicate with each other, but keep one team in Zendesk and another in Slack.

I’m trying to create a Zap that will update the status of a Zendesk ticket (Solved) when a reaction is used on a message that contains the ticket ID number. 

I was able to get my Zap to work, however I think something may be wrong with my “Find a Zendesk ticket” action, as it’s only wanting to trigger on my old ZD ticket and Slack message that I used for testing, and not on new messages.

Any insights? Here’s what I have set up thus far:

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Jasmine.Jackson 

We would need to see screenshots with how your Zendesk Zap steps are configured to have full context.

@Troy Tessalone Apologies! Here you go - let me know if there’s anything else I can include.

Step 1: Reaction is added to a Slack message 

Step 2: Formatter is used to locate the Zendesk Ticket #

Step 3: Find ticket in Zendesk based on output from step 2

Step 4: Update Zendesk ticket status to solved

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Jasmine.Jackson

I’d recommend mapping the Zendesk Ticket ID from Step 3 to Step 4.

In Step 3, check the Query field description (more) for possible guidance.

For live Zap Runs, check your Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step to help you troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/history/