Best answer

Update WooCommerce Status From Excel

• 2 June 2022
  • 1 reply

I have an Excel sheet where i create new rows based on new order line items.  these rows have a unique id that is the order number and the item number(1234-001). these line items are then pushed to Salesforce to create tasks for each line item of the order. after the task is completed in Salesforce, the excel sheet line item status is updated from processing to completed.

Question: Because the rows in the excel sheet are order line items and not just an order, how can i update the status in woo commerce when all the line items of an order are updated? I will need to look at the all the rows with the same order number, if all the rows have a status complete, then update woo commerce; but if only one of three line items have status of completed, don’t update the status in woo commerce.

I hope this makes sense

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 2 June 2022, 17:38

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @LeeU-Salesforce 

Good question.

There won’t be a “simple” solution for this.

I’d recommend using Airtable instead of GSheets.

Airtable is a relational database, where records can be linked across Tables.

You’d structure your Base with 2 Tables, for example:

1. Orders
  2. Items
  • Items would be linked to Orders.
  • Orders would have a Status.
  • Items would have a Status.

There are fields that can be configured to to count and compare the matching Item status (e.g. Item Status is Completed) VS the # Order Items.

Airtable also has Views.

Views have Filters. (e.g. Items w/ Status as Completed = Total # Order Items)

Views can be used to trigger a Zap when a record moves into the View.

Airtable also has internal Automations.