Question

Update Status to Item in Monday.com when new registrant for Zoom webinar

Hi,

I’m trying to create a status update to an item (contact) in Monday.com when a new registrant signs up for a webinar. I’d like to update the status column to BOOKED DEMO in Monday.com.

Can someone kindly guide me in on the Zap workflow for this action?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @vcrupi 

Good question.

Try these Zap steps:

1. Trigger: Zoom - New Registrant
  2. Action: Monday - Get Item by Column Value
  3. Action: Monday - Change Multiple Columns Value

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

I tried that. I must have not set it up correctly.

Any suggestions how to get this to work correctly?

Userlevel 1

I think you need to clear the "Columns to Receive" in the second step. On that step you're only looking for the ID number, then on the third step you can tell Zapier to Find the item by the ID Number, and which column to update or change.

I was doing the same thing, trying to find information from a column on the second step when all I needed was the Row/Item ID number to tell it which item to change in the third step.

Let me know if that works!

@jmhgraphics Can you kindly post your Zap setup for reference? 

Greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@vcrupi 

In Zap Step 2, remove this field.

Take note of the field description.

For Zap step 3, it should use this:

• Action: Monday - Change Multiple Columns Value
    • Map the returned Monday Item ID from step 2
Userlevel 1

Just updated the Monday.com Change Multiple Columns Value step in the Zap… still not working.

Kindly note, that the point of this Zap is to simply “Update” an existing item/contact Status Col. to BOOKED DEMO in Monday.com Sales board.

This needs to work automatically for any/all Zoom webinar registrants for existing Monday.com item/contacts.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Userlevel 1

Try to run the zap with Booked Demo blank and see if the test passes. I was working on one last night that keep giving me an error, even though I verified multiple times I had the correct column set to change. I cleared it, tested it which then passed the test, then set it to the value I wanted it changed to and it started working.

You’re pretty much doing the same thing I am, when an invoice changes status I want a column to update to a new status in Monday

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@vcrupi

This field expects a number as indicated by the 123, in this case the Monday Item ID, you found from step 2.

For Zap step 3, it should use this:

• Action: Monday - Change Multiple Columns Value
    • Map the returned Monday Item ID from step 2

Just tried this as well with a new webinar contact to test it out… not updating in Monday.com

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@vcrupi 

Did you refresh the Monday Board to see fresh data?

Did you encounter an error? (If yes, what was the error?)

Did you try turning the Zap ON and testing live?

Then check your Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT from each Zap step to help you troubleshoot.

Otherwise we’d need more detailed screenshots provided from the Zap and Monday Board.

Userlevel 1

Step 2 - You need to find the ID of the Row - by using the email address and the Email Column to tell Zapier which row you’re looking for. 

Step 3 - you need to go to the Monday option in the drop down for your available fields ad chose ID (should have a string of numbers behind it)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there, @vcrupi! 👋

Based on your last screenshot it looks like the ID that’s selected is correct. After refreshing the Monday.com Board, does it look like the status in Monday.com is updating correctly now? Or are you still running into issues here?

If it’s still not updating in Monday.com, it may be worth reaching out to our Support team about this. They can review your Zap setup and further investigate why the status isn’t updating as it should. You can contact our Support Team here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Please do report back here to let us know how you get on with this!