Best answer

Update Smartsheet Row via Slack Workflow trigger - need Smartsheet Row ID

• 29 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi!  I’m trying to create a workflow between Slack and Smartsheet, using Zapier.  The end goal is to be able to send someone a Slack message to a channel (not a DM) with a link to update a specific row on a Smartsheet.

I’m getting stumped by the RowID, and understand there is no look up feature.  Is there a way around this?  Appreciate any tips.

Thank you!

Lauren

icon

Best answer by Nate 30 June 2021, 15:05

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @lchinault 

Can you post screenshots what your desired end results message would be in Slack?

What Zap trigger event are you trying to use?

Also, posting screenshots of how your Zap steps are currently configured would be helpful to convey context.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@lchinault - correct, there is no lookup with Smartsheet, so you can’t use row data to find the ID, like you can with Google Sheets. One workaround is to add a Google Sheets row with each new Smartsheet row that includes the row ID plus a unique identifier such as an email address etc. Then lookup Google Sheets for the Smartsheet row ID when you need it. I’ve done this multiple times and it works great. 

Good luck! 

Nathan