Best answer

Update Mailerlite Subscribers in a group

• 4 December 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I am trying to create an action to send an email (campaign) from MailerLite to all my subscribers in a group. This action suppose to happen when a new event is created in my website. I am using the plugin "Modern Events Calendar (MEC) for events.

For some reason I can only add a subscriber when a new event is created, but I can't update subscribers.

Is there anyone with a similar issue? 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 4 December 2020, 17:38

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

MailerLite has a Create/Update Subscriber action

Userlevel 1

Hi Troy, thank you for replying.

That's what I'm doing. But when I choose the Subscriber group here:

What should I do next to choose an email (campaign) that will be send to my subscribers in that group?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Via the MailerLite Zap app integration there is not the action available to send a Campaign.

[ADVANCED] You’d have to use a Webhook step to leverage the MailerLite API: https://developers.mailerlite.com/reference#campaigns

Userlevel 1

Hi Troy,

Is there any specific guide I can follow for this?

Also, do I have to be on a paid plan or I can do this on the free version?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Using the Webhook step to integrate with the MailerLite API will require a Zapier paid plan.

The link is the documentation altho more developer focused because it is technical.

Campaign: https://developers.mailerlite.com/reference#campaigns

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Rex creating and sending a whole campaign in Mailerlite from Zapier is a pretty risk endeavour - I’d make sure you’re fully ok with how that would function - Ideally you wouldn’t want to send out a whole campaign from Zapier unless you were 100% sure about your methodology. 

Userlevel 1

Hello Andy,

How can that be done? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Rex It would be done via their API, as @Troy Tessalone mentioned. Again, not something I’d be comfortable recommending that you try out though, Happy to explain the methodology on a call which I’m happy to arrange via DM

Userlevel 1

Hi @andywingrave lets go ahead and arrange that, I would really like to have more information about this.

And thank you very much for helping on this!