Best answer

Update Hubspot Contact using Find to locate Object ID

• 30 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone,

I have a question that’s been previously covered, although not in sufficient detail to address my issue.

Goal: I’m trying to update a Hubspot contact based on a trigger elsewhere (Mighty Networks). Since the Update Contact action for Hubspot requires an Object ID identifier not available in my source platform, I understand I can use a Find Contact step between trigger and action to first locate the record.

Challenge: When I create the Find Contact in Hubspot step, for First Search Property Name I don’t see Email Address as an option use as the common identifier. What am I missing to do? I sense it’s something simple but not obvious to me.

Thanks for any help this community can provide!

Stryk

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 30 August 2022, 22:51

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Stryk 

Good question.

Try this…

Hi Troy,

Thanks for your reply! This property was indeed what I was looking for, and have now found.

Could you help with the separate question, about “Additional properties to retrieve.” How does this function work? If I could use one, I don’t seen where I map this to the correct Hubspot property.

Thank you and best regards,

Stryk