Skip to main content
Best answer

Update Google Spreadsheet Row when Status Changes in Jira

• 7 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to update a cell in a google sheet when the status of a Jira ticket has changed?

I am using Jira Software Cloud and my project is a Kanban board. It is linked to a Google Spreadsheet. When the status changes on the Kanban board (i.e. from “To Do” to “In Progress”), I want the “Status” column in the Google Spreadsheet to update accordingly. 

I have already set it up so that when a new row is added to the spreadsheet, the Jira ticket is created. Now, I want to close the loop so that when the Jira ticket status changes, the status in the spreadsheet also changes. The spreadsheet and the Jira board are shared with different audiences.

Thanks! 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Meg L. 

Good question.

Try these Zap steps:

1. Trigger: Jira - Updated Issue
  2. Action: GSheets - Find Row
  3. Action: GSheets - Update Row
    1. Map the Row ID from step 2

Hi Troy - in this case, when the ticket status is updated, I want it to update the status column in the spreadsheet, for the row that corresponds to the ticket. Is there a way to dynamically map the gsheet row based on an ID?

I also don’t see how to select the specific Jira project I want mapped to the spreadsheet. Any advice?

Userlevel 1

Hi @Meg L. 

Good question.

Try these Zap steps:

1. Trigger: Jira - Updated Issue
  2. Action: GSheets - Find Row
  3. Action: GSheets - Update Row
    1. Map the Row ID from step 2

I tried this but unfortunately it says “ID No data” So this isn’t working for me

Userlevel 1

Hi Troy - in this case, when the ticket status is updated, I want it to update the status column in the spreadsheet, for the row that corresponds to the ticket. Is there a way to dynamically map the gsheet row based on an ID?

I also don’t see how to select the specific Jira project I want mapped to the spreadsheet. Any advice?

@Meg L. if you have the paid Zapier account you can set a “Filter by Zapier” as a final action in the zap, and filter for the specific project you need