Best answer

Update Google Calendar with Google Meet link

• 7 June 2023
  • 2 replies

I see based on old posts that it is not yet solved. 

What I want to achieve is to add Google Meet link to some particular events, created in 3rd party apps. 

Google Meet zap is creating a new event, is there a way to update existing one without duplications? 

icon

Best answer by SamB 7 June 2023, 13:02

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @przemmaj! 👋

Ah yes, there’s currently not action available for the Google Meet app that would allow you to update a scheduled meeting. There’s a feature request open for that sort of action to be built so I’ve added your vote to that. I can’t make any promises as to when it will be available but we’ll send you an email notification as soon as it is.

As a workaround, could you perhaps use the Schedule a Meeting (Google Meet) action to create a meeting on a different calendar and generate a Google Meet link. Then use the Find Event and Update Event (Google Calendar) actions to locate the relevant event created (by the other 3rd party apps) and update it with the Google Meet link that was created by the Zap? 

Do you think that approach could work?

Hi there @przemmaj! 👋

Ah yes, there’s currently not action available for the Google Meet app that would allow you to update a scheduled meeting. There’s a feature request open for that sort of action to be built so I’ve added your vote to that. I can’t make any promises as to when it will be available but we’ll send you an email notification as soon as it is.

As a workaround, could you perhaps use the Schedule a Meeting (Google Meet) action to create a meeting on a different calendar and generate a Google Meet link. Then use the Find Event and Update Event (Google Calendar) actions to locate the relevant event created (by the other 3rd party apps) and update it with the Google Meet link that was created by the Zap? 

Do you think that approach could work?

Thanks for letting me know and workaround, I think it is not worth at the time, perhaps if I have more of this use cases. Looking forward to have this feature!