Question

Update existing row in Google Sheet

• 24 June 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi everyone ! 

I am trying to do a zap with Google sheet. Indeed my Google sheet has 2 columns headers. The first one is already filled with Names and I would like to fill automatically (with a zap) the second columns with Names. 

It is important for me that the 2 datas are on the same rows so I cannot use the “add rows” and i have at least 50 names therefore I cannot use the “update a row” action too. 

Do you know what can I do to filled this second column to have my datas of my two columns on the same rows ? 

Thank you all for reading, 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Mathiilde 

Can you post a screenshot of how your GSheet is configured?

Try this…

Action: GSheets - Find/Lookup Row

Action: GSheets - Update Row

Sure ! 

The column A is already filled and my zap allows me to access to the LinkedIn URL data I want to put in column B. Unfortunately, I have just succeed to add rows that put the LinkedIn URL below row 9 and I want them to be on B2:B9. 

Thank you a lot for your help !

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Mathiilde 

Did you try this?

Try this…

Action: GSheets - Find/Lookup Row

Action: GSheets - Update Row

Map the Row ID found in the Find/Lookup Row step to the Update Row step.

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

I have tried but I do not succeed to set up step 3 and 4 correctly. Indeed, my step 1 get the LinkedIn URL data, step 2 add it to another Google sheet and I would also like these to be added in another google sheet in the next column. 

I do not know what to put in the following blank : 

Thank you for your help I appreciate it :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Mathiilde 

Lookup column A

Map in the lookup value from a previous Zap step.

Hello @Troy Tessalone 

Thank you for your answer 
I have tried it and that is what I obtain : 

I have 2 issues : 

The first one is that it has replace the header of column B I wanted to have my data from B2.

The second issue is that the linkedIn URLs are in the same cell and I wanted them to be one under the other in column B. 

Do you have an idea if these issues are from my settings or if I have to add another function ?

Thank you very much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Mathiilde 

Please provide screenshots of how your Zap steps are configured?

In the Update Row step, the Row value should be a mapped value with the Row ID from the previous Find/Lookup Row step.

Help article: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-action#set-up-your-action