Skip to main content

I saw an older post on this subject that I did not appear to have a resolution and was curious if anyone had achieved breakthrough on this.

Updating Pipedrive deal stage and/or new activity when email is received. | Zapier Community

I have an automation setup in Pipedrive to send an email using a template to the Deal Contact when a deal is added to a specific pipeline stage. What I’d like to be able to do from there is update the deal if a reply to the email is received… updating the detail and/or creating an activity on the deal.

Does anyone have this working? Is it possible using just Pipedrive and Zapier or are other tools needed?

Hi @McCorvey IT 

Which email app is being used to send/receive the emails?

The email would likely need to include the Pipedrive Deal ID to be parsed out.

Troy,

Pipedrive automation is triggering the send via Outlook.

@McCorvey IT 

You can likely derive the Pipedrive Deal from the linked Pipedrive Person which would be the email address that sent you the reply.

Outlook Zap app triggers/actions: https://zapier.com/apps/microsoft-outlook/integrations#triggers-and-actions

If we have multiple people adding deals / triggering the email and therefore receiving the email sends, I’d need to setup Zaps to monitor each of these accounts for associated replies, correct?

I was hoping to embed Deal ID directly into the email body, but from Pipeline discussion boards it sounds like this isn’t currently possible.

@McCorvey IT 

You should be able to include the Pipedrive Deal ID in the email.

I’d recommend using that in the email subject to then parse out easier.

Depends on which app is being used to generate and send the emails. (e.g. via Pipedrive integration or via Zap app)

From what I’ve found, this isn’t possible when using Pipedrive email templates. System fields aren’t available.

@McCorvey IT 

Here’s a possible option to try...

Use a custom field to store the Pipedrive Deal ID, then you can use that in Pipedrive email templates via Insert Field.

https://support.pipedrive.com/en/article/email-templates

Any custom fields you have created in your company Pipedrive account will also appear as fields that can be inserted into your emails.

You may need to use a Pipedrive Automation or a Zap to populate the Pipedrive Deal ID into a custom field on the Pipedrive Deal.