Best answer

Update contact in two forms

• 23 July 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hi, I have onCarrot (AKA InvestorCarrot) and am capturing a lead into my CRM, MojoSells.  The trouble is like every good funnel, I have a basic form and then a more information form.  The basic form captures their address, email, and phone number.  If they hit submit it takes them to a more expanded form that most people fall out of the lead, but many will fill that one out too.  This is creating two records.  I need the second form to simply update the first, but the submission key is changing between form fill outs.  How can this be accomplished so I stop getting duplicate records?

icon

Best answer by PaulKortman 25 July 2020, 01:46

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Ibanez1998 

The problem is with MojoSells, their integration https://zapier.com/apps/mojo/integrations does not allow you to search for a contact and create a contact if none are found. In fact, it doesn’t even have a search for contact function which makes things very difficult. Without being able to search for a contact you will inevitably have duplicate records. 

You could do a workaround but it’s slightly complicated… I’ll explain it at a high level and if you want to do it and need more help just follow up here. 

Alternative Workaround

When the first form is submitted and the zap runs it creates a contact in MojoSells. MojoSells will respond with a Contact_ID. You can add a step to write that email address and that contact_id to a google sheet. 

In the zap from the second form, add a step to search for the submitted email address in the spreadsheet, use a path to say IF the email address was found then use the “Update Contact” action using the contact_ID, OR IF the email address was not found create a new contact.