Best answer

Unsubscribe from Mailerlite on email change in Google Sheet

I have setup a Zap between Google Sheet and MailerLite to create or update a subscriber in MailerLite on row update or creation in Google Sheet.  However, since Milerlite subscribers are based on email address, if the email is update in the Google sheet it create’s a new subscriber in MailerLite rather than updating the existing subscriber and leaves the old email active (you end up with two records for the same person in MailerLite).  How do you get it to either update the email address or delete the old address from Mailerlite?  The unsubscribe Zap does not seem to work properly in this case.

icon

Best answer by christina.d 22 June 2022, 01:56

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @dlgyp15 

Good question.

You’d have to keep track of the previous email address to be able to detect that type of change and take action on it in a Zap, since the GSheet trigger doesn’t provide before and after values for a cell.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hiya @dlgyp15! I wanted to check-in and see if you were able to get this setup with Troy’s recommendation? Keep us posted! 🤗

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there, friends! I did some digging and while the MailerLite “Update Subscriber” action allows you to search for a subscriber using their email address, it doesn’t allow you to update the email field specifically. At the moment it doesn’t appear this is possible. 😔
Do you think it might be possible to first unsubscribe and then create a new subscriber? Let us know!