Question

Unable to use the Google document’s ID when adding a new item to Notion

I want to build a Notion database by adding documents to a Google Drive. I have a couple questions.

When adding the new item, the Google document’s ID field (unique to the document) is not available to be set. Normally would use this as the key to look up this item in the table. I want to Update my Notion Database table when a document get updated (name change, content change). Since I don’t have the document’s ID I was going to use the document’s title, this does not seem to work. 

Any tips?

Never mind I was using older data UX issue

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hey @UnityAnthony! I just wanted to make sure you’re all set with your Notion > Google Drive Zap. I see you included a “never mind” update at the end of your post, but didn’t want to assume. Anything we can help with?

Hi Jillian, I did get it working.  But have encountered a bug, where if you have 5 Branches to a “conditionally run” node it will think it failed connecting to notion on the final test, it thinks the DB has been archived for some reason. I can skip test and everything works great but, if I don’t skip it will disable the “Turn on” feature. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Oh, interesting! Obviously not great to run into a bug, but uncovering bugs so we can fix them is always a good thing. Better to know, right?

I’ve asked our customer support crew to dig into your scenario a bit more so we can figure it out, document, and get it on to engineering.