Skip to main content

Hi,

I’ve recently created a zap which allows me to create a google doc from a template. However, as I tried to convert the new document created to a pdf, I’m unable to “find” the document variable which the application suggested as File (Exists but not shown). I’ve tried to source for help when I came across this page on google drive differentiating between what is actually a file and what isn’t. https://zapier.com/help/doc/common-problems-with-google-drive#unable-to-get-a-value-when-looking-for-file-is-it-missing

I believe I’ve created an “unreal” file.

I’d like to check if there are any ways to remedy this. Thanks in advance!

Hi @juanjun 

Please post screenshots with how your Zap step is configured.

Also, the GDoc Create Doc from Template step returns a PDF version of the created GDoc.

Hi @Troy Tessalone ,

Thank you so much for your reply. Here are a few screenshots of what I’ve set up.

So sorry I got to remove the contact number as it is an actual customer’s number.

@juanjun 

You should only need the GDoc Create Doc from Template step, since that returns a PDF version of the file that you can use.

Search by “pdf” and use the application/pdf variable for the PDF link of the generated GDoc.

Hi @Troy Tessalone ,

I see. However, could I automate it and automatically create a pdf version of the document and stored it instead of having to search for the link with every output?

@juanjun 

Yes, that’s the idea.