Best answer

Unable to find the forum channel in the Discord "Channel" drop-down menu

• 6 January 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi there!

I’m trying to integrate a Zap to publish questions posted in a discord forum channel to a Slack channel but I’m having trouble finding the forum channel in the New Zap page. Are Discord forum channels not supported by Zapier? If there’s a way to do this I’d greatly appreciate any info that will point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by SamB 11 January 2023, 12:08

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @rodthebod 

Zapier trigger is only available for text channel, it doesn’t support forum channel.

You may be able to use Discord webhook to listen to the messages with Zapier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @rodthebod!

Rob is correct, Forum channels aren’t supported at present. I’d recommend reaching out to our Support team so that they can open a feature request for this. In the meantime, as Rob suggested, using a webhook to connect to Discord sounds like a good workaround!

Not sure how familiar you are with webhooks but though I’d share some guides on how to set up webhook steps as triggers in a Zap in case it’s helpful:

Also, I wrote an article a while back on how to connect to Discord using webhooks. It doesn’t cover specifically how to set up the Discord webhook step as the trigger but may still be useful to review:

Hope that helps! 🙂

Userlevel 1

Thank you both for the responses! I figured that was the case. I’ll definitely submit a feature request for Discord Forum support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You are very welcome, @rodthebod! 🙂

Hopefully that feature request will be added to the Discord app soon. I know there must be lots of other Community folks here also wanting to connect to Discord’s Forum channels in their Zaps! 

Userlevel 1

Thanks @SamB ! Zapier support reached out and was kind enough to subscribe me to updates regarding the feature request 🙂.

I do have one additional related question. So, my workaround for Discord Forums is to have a regular Discord channel and have the Zap post to Slack whenever a new message comes in. However, I’m wondering if I can include the Discord message URL in the message Zapier will post on Slack. My hope is to have a URL link redirect to the message. Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Glad to hear it @rodthebod! 🙂

Ah yes, it doesn’t look like we get the message URL, but you could get the Zap to generate the link by selecting the Channel ID and message ID fields from the Discord trigger step. The Server ID number you would need to manually type in but that’s ok as it wouldn’t need to change. You’ll need to grab the Server ID from Discord directly - Where can I find my User/Server/Message ID? 

Then in your Slack step you’d set up the link in this format: https://discord.com/channels/Server_ID/Channel_ID/Message_ID

That would look something like this: 
2665f3e3826d08fc549d60f2fa99496a.png

Let me know if that does the trick!

Userlevel 1

That worked a treat!

Thank you @SamB !

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yay! That’s fantastic news @rodthebod! I’m so glad that worked. 😁🎉