Best answer

Typeform Issue - Update Dropdown, Multiple Choice or Ranking Question Options

• 17 November 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I am setting up a Typeform as a daily Jobsite Log questionnaire for our Supervisors. One of the questions is a Dropdown Multiple Choice, asking which Jobsite the Supervisor is reporting from. I set up a trigger in Airtable when a New Record is added to our Accepted Projects (populated by a Zap from Quotient to Airtable), that it is added to the Dropdown Multiple Choice.

Whenever the Zap runs though, it deletes all previous options and only populates the drop down with the last zapped info. Is there a way to keep that Typeform Dropdown updated with whatever is present in a table? Ideally, add all new projects, and remove projects as they get archived. I figure I can use google sheets as a placeholder for that data if Airtable won’t work.

icon

Best answer by GetUWired 17 November 2021, 15:05

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @mannyv86 ,

Can you post the screenshot of your Zap setup?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @mannyv86 ,

The reason your previous options are getting deleted is because when you update something, previous records will get deleted. 

To solve this issue, add an action to search for options that exist in Typeform. Now in your Typeform last action, give inputs from Airtable, as well as Typeform.

Your updated Zap will run like below -

So when a new record is added in Airtable → Lookup previous options of Typeform → Update Typeform options ,to inputs from Airtable and Typeform.

Hope i was able to explain you!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thank you for the logic explanation! I’m wondering if it would be possible to add the step to remove projects that are removed from the Project Table so that the dropdown only shows currently active projects.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @mannyv86 

I think you will need to get creative with this one but it is definitely doable! I don’t believe there is a way to look up the dropdown options using what typeform has built out in zapier, just a way to look up responses

If the dropdown options are a list of all your active projects in Airtable you could explore using their api to pull all projects from a particular view. Then pass the returned list of project names as the value into the dropdown (https://airtable.com/api) this is the most straightforward approach and can be built using Webhooks by Zapier

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

:drooling_face:

Looks like this process is above my pay grade so I’ll seek someone out to help with the Airtable API side of things. Thanks GetUWired!