Best answer

Trying to use SOQL Salesforce to match two fields for one object

• 10 May 2021
  • 7 replies

I have a custom object Policy__C that I am trying to apply updates to from webhook.

I am needing the following two fields to match my catch data but getting malform error.

Policy_Number__c = ‘{{121784296__Envelope__Body__notifications__Notification__sObject__Policy_Number__c}}'AND Policy_Effective_Date__c = '{{121784296__Envelope__Body__notifications__Notification__sObject__Policy_Effective_Date__c}}'

icon

Best answer by LJohns7640 10 May 2021, 19:32

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @LJohns7640 

Check your query syntax as there appears to be a missing space between ‘AND

Hi @LJohns7640 

Check your query syntax as there appears to be a missing space between ‘AND

Same Error, Updated my Clause to Policy_Number__c =  ‘{{121784296__Envelope__Body__notifications__Notification__sObject__Policy_Number__c}}' AND Policy_Effective_Date__c =  '{{121784296__Envelope__Body__notifications__Notification__sObject__Policy_Effective_Date__c}}'

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@LJohns7640 

The first single quote looks to be different than the others:

Try these troubleshooting tips:

Use representative static values for the dynamic to see if you can isolate the issue.

Try process of elimination to see if you can isolate which part of the query is malformed.

Make sure to check the available help docs: https://zapier.com/help/doc/tips-and-tricks-salesforce-triggers-and-actions#using-the-find-object-by-query-search

@LJohns7640

The first single quote looks to be different than the others:

Try these troubleshooting tips:

Use representative static values for the dynamic to see if you can isolate the issue.

Try process of elimination to see if you can isolate which part of the query is malformed.

Make sure to check the available help docs: https://zapier.com/help/doc/tips-and-tricks-salesforce-triggers-and-actions#using-the-find-object-by-query-search

I cleaned that up, Now I get the following error

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@LJohns7640 

Some Salesforce object types are not supported:

Error: "we’re having trouble loading ‘Object’ data"

If you run into this error, this means we couldn't find new objects with the name "" or that we're currently not able to use this object type. You can report this to support.

Using the Find Object by Query Search

Tips for building a SOQL WHERE clause for your search:

• Confirm all fields included in your query have appropriate field accessibility and are not ‘hidden’.
  • Fields names do not have to be wrapped with quotes.
  • Field values should usually be inside single quotes (e.g. 'John Doe').
  • The double quote character (") should typically be avoided.

WHERE clause examples:

• Name = 'John Doe' AND Status = 'Active'
  • Where can be a mapped field from a previous step.
  • CreatedDate 2011-04-26T10:00:00:08:00
  • Name LIKE 'A%'

@LJohns7640

Some Salesforce object types are not supported:

Error: "we’re having trouble loading ‘Object’ data"

If you run into this error, this means we couldn't find new objects with the name "" or that we're currently not able to use this object type. You can report this to support.

Using the Find Object by Query Search

Tips for building a SOQL WHERE clause for your search:

• Confirm all fields included in your query have appropriate field accessibility and are not ‘hidden’.
  • Fields names do not have to be wrapped with quotes.
  • Field values should usually be inside single quotes (e.g. 'John Doe').
  • The double quote character (") should typically be avoided.

WHERE clause examples:

• Name = 'John Doe' AND Status = 'Active'
  • Where can be a mapped field from a previous step.
  • CreatedDate 2011-04-26T10:00:00:08:00
  • Name LIKE 'A%'

I see whats happening, It is turning my date field from 10/17/2018 to 2018/10/17 causing it not to find my second filter date. Anyway to change this to original format?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@LJohns7640 

Most app backends expect data in this format: YYYY-MM-DD

You can try using a Formatter > Date & Time > Format step to designate the desired format.