Best answer

Trying to update an item (envelope) on Monday.com when completed in Docusign

• 14 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello,

I have a Monday.com board where we want to track sent/completed Docusign envelopes. On the board I have two groups - sent and completed. I created two zaps - one is triggered by a sent envelope and the other is triggered by a completed envelope. The idea would be that an item would get created once it’s sent and then when it’s completed, I’d be able to query for that exact item and update certain columns.

The “Sent” zap works fine - I’m able to create an item whenever an envelope is sent. It looks like this:

I’m having an issue when I’m trying to update the existing sent item on the board when it is completed. I’d want to locate that signed item and update columns “Signer’s Status,” “Link to Download” and “Signed At” from Docusign metadata.

I tried using the monday.com action “Get Column Values in Monday.com” so that I can search for the existing item, but I don’t know the “Item ID.” I tried putting the Company Name from the Docusign metadata because that’s the field I’m using to populate the Item name, but got this error:

I also tried using action “Get Board Values in monday.com,” but that returned everything on the board and I wasn’t sure how to search for the item I was looking to update. 

Would appreciate any ideas or tips! Thanks!  

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 14 March 2022, 23:35

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @erusso 

Good question.

Try using this Zap action to find the Monday Item:

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks @Troy Tessalone - I think that did it!! Not sure how I missed that action, might’ve been looking at it for too long LOL.