Best answer

Trying to send emails for every google sheet cell that has the current date in it

• 21 August 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have a google sheet document that tracks turnaround times for our business. Each row represents a customer and their journey. There is one column with the date on when to reach out (always on a Thursday or Sunday).

I’m essentially trying to create a Zap that will send an email to each customer that needs to be reached out to on the current date. 

My current zaps go as follows:

Schedule → I have one set of Zaps to run on Thursdays and one on Sundays

Google Sheets Look Up SpreadSheet Row → finds the appropriate row by searching the column with the dates on when to reach out and matches it to one with today’s date

Filters based on order type → Irrelevant for my question here, but has an intermediary step that filters based on their order type (as I have multiple copies of this zap for different types of follow up to send to customers based on their order type)

Send Email → Pulls the name, email address, and delivery date to send an email to the customer.

When I did this, it found the first match and sent one email to that match. However, I had several more customers who needed to be reached out to. So my question is: How do I make a loop so it performs this zap until it has hit every “customer” ready to be reached out (that has today’s date in that column)?

Thanks so much in advance!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 21 August 2020, 20:33

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You’ll need to configure your Zaps differently.

In GSheets, you’ll want to use another column that uses a formula to detect if the date value is TODAY and return a TRUE/FALSE.

ZAP

1. Trigger: GSheets - New/Updated Row
  2. Action: Filter for TRUE AND Order Type = XXX
  3. Action: [APP - e.g. Gmail] - Send Email