Skip to main content
Best answer

Trying to email single use link from a spreadsheet

• 6 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi there, 

I’m trying to build a zap that will pick a single use link from a spread sheet and send it to a new user.

New user are created in a spreadsheet which trigger the zap, but I can’t figure out a way to zapier to go pick a the link in a second spreadsheet to add it in an email.

The sequence will be: user create in a spreadsheet A,  zapier get’s single use link in spreadsheet B, and add it to an email ( user, email from spreadsheet A) and delete the used single use link from spreadsheet B.

For some reason zapier want to to search a value, but I only need to get the link line by line. 

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Luc

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @LucJ 

You can use “Get many spreadsheet rows” to get the values of the second spreadsheet without having to search anything. Your 2nd spreadsheet must have a header row.

I don’t exactly know how your sheets are formatted, if you can attach screenshots that’ll make it easier to understand.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks you Robschmidt,

Works great. Last little thing, when I delete row in the spreadsheet it just leave a blank space,  As I only want to retrieve the first line and delete afterward, the whole content will need to shift up. Deleting the row, not just the data.

Delete row doesn’t seem to have this fonction

Thanks

Userlevel 1
Badge

I found this code that does what I want, but not sure if it’s possible to implement it in Zapier.

Other option would be to find the first row with data from the bottom and search and replace by a blank space, not sure either what to use for that.

Userlevel 1
Badge

So I found my solution using this post: 

1- Trigger New spreadsheet row

2- find the first empty line using google sheet expresion ( adding Blank Row if line empty)  Formula: =ArrayFormula(IF(ISBLANK(A2:A),"Blank Row",Row(A2:A)))

3- in python I substrat 1 to the result to find the first line with my link

4- Get line data

5- send this email

6- delete the line in in number 5