Best answer

Trying to download multiple attachments from Email by Zapier

• 19 August 2022
  • 7 replies

I have a zap that receives an email with Email by Zapier and has multiple attachments. How can I download each attachment separately? Right now I don’t have a file URL or anything, just an hydrate string that I don’t know how to use. There is also raw_file_pointer with a key and the file name.

icon

Best answer by Danvers 26 August 2022, 12:58

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @lucasnobre 

Good question.

You’d be better served using Gmail.

Is there any other solution?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@lucasnobre 

I believe Email by Zapier will produce a ZIP file for multiple attachments.

yes, but how can I download it? The attachments returns me an hydrate string.

hydrate|||.eJxl0MtqwzAQBdBfKVpbqSQrlpRdl1kUsm4pRo-xUWJbRrLTGuN_rxIKDWR778wZmBXZMEwwTPW0jIAO6IgK5Ic06cFC7V1OPvToIb5r372dbq2d0xT6OUG893tKKlYgbW2YM_MQNR46Vw-6v7mN7yDl7cu3jm1Ch_We1GPw-XzMweeKLrDkyVS-GqugosJiJZ3DHITEkimHgZbMaG4rSats_dG-1y0QQnfnsUVb8eBUTFnlKsCu5BRzyjk2RBmslBOMWMkEF08Oe3aMckZoRTE4QzC3ANjI0mAJjeB7Rasdasdsad5Rk8t85xdBGSMlf4eU4XPNzQ1xqKinZ_XQJbV_b9gtpUXNQ:1oL9Xy:LbiLvIm0b7N7ubreFevxy4cOL9E|||hydrate

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@lucasnobre 

What Zap action step are you trying to use? (app + event)

Help article about using files in Zaps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/send-files-in-zaps

I was trying to CloudConvert, but it just creates a blank file with the hydrate string. Then I tried to use python to get the files separately, but since I don’t have an URL, I can’t do that either.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @lucasnobre!

I’m afraid that the short answer here is that it’s not possible to get multiple attachments as single files using the Email by Zapier app. 

We do have a feature request for this addition and I've added your email address as another vote. I don't have an ETA of when or if this will happen, but we will definitely email you if it does become a reality.