Question

Trying to connect two forms together: Tilda to Google Sheets to Hubspot

Userlevel 1

Hello,

we use a website builder called Tilda that has the ability to connect the output of their forms directly to Hubspot but also can connect google sheets to the output of the forms.

Since the phone number format they put out is the wrong format in hubspot i created the following Zap: 

So basically what it does, it creates a new row whenever someone fills out the form on my website (tilda). After that it formats the number to an e164 format and creates / updates a contact in hubspot. 

My sales funnel consists of three steps and two different forms. The first one is a pop-up and the second form is a different site / link which comes, whenever a lead fills out the first step. After they filled out both forms they can book a meeting via calendly. 

So when a lead fills out the both forms, two new Spreadsheet Rows are created by tilda (website) and trigger my zap:

Here is an example: 

• the first 3 columns (name, email, phone) are part of the first form
  • the columns after that are part of the second form (job, title, etc….)

Since i don’t have an email field in the second form the second run of the zap fails. (Row 18 fails), because the second form does not have a name email or phone number:

Row 17 (see screenshot above) does create a contact with the proper information but the whole information from row 18 cant be connected to the created contact of row 17. 

How can i connect row 17 with row 18 since this is one application from a lead. I dont have a unique identifier in the data, which is used in both forms, thats why i have troubles connecting the both forms to one contact / deal in hubspot. 

My end-goal is to see exactly in Hubspot: who managed to fill out one form, both forms, the whole funnel, and so on...

Do you guys have any idea, how i could solve this issue? 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @tio 

You’ll need some sort of unique ID (e.g. email) to be used in both forms in order to configure the Zap to find then update the row in GSheets.

Userlevel 1

Hi Troy,

unfortunately the data i receive in the forms is very limited and doesn't have an unique ID. Adding another name, phone or email field in the second form, would kill my conversion so i cant do that :sweat:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@tio 

Best advice would be to pipe thru and prefill a hidden field with a data point that can be used as a unique ID.

Userlevel 1

@tio

Best advice would be to pipe thru and prefill a hidden field with a data point that can be used as a unique ID.

thats what i tried to do originally, but i couldn’t manage to make it work yet. I will try tomorrow again, thanks anyway troy! 

If somebody has another approach, would be awesome to share

cheers Mathieu